Entries open – 2018 Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge
Entries now open for the 2018 Langton's James Halliday Chardonnay ChallengeThis is a wine show whose only agenda is to track down, appreciate and reward the best that Australian chardonnay can offer. A philosophy we share with our patron, James Halliday. In the six years the Challenge has been held, the trophy has been awarded to producers from five states and four regions. Which region will take the trophy this year?
Key dates to note
- Entries open Friday 15th June 2018
- Entries close Friday 13th July 2018
- Exhibits must be delivered during the period Monday 30th July to Friday 10th August 2018
- Judging will take place on Tuesday 28th - Thursday 30th August 2018
- Trophy announcement will take place by October 31st 2018
Big congratulations to Paul Champion and Mermerus Vineyard! The Mermerus 2017 Pinot won the trophies for Best Australian Wine, Best Wine in Show and Best Red Wine in Show at the Mornington Peninsula Cool Climate International Wine Show recently.
The AWRI will present a Pinot Noir Wine Symposium at Marnong Estate, Mickleham on 4 July 2019. The full-day symposium will cover the latest research and technology relevant to Pinot Noir grapegrowers and producers as well as marketing information. Wine Australia will...