Our vineyard is situated on the eastern slopes of Murradoc Hill, on the Bellarine Peninsula, with views over Swan Bay and the entrance to Port Phillip Bay.
The vineyward is named after the colonial clipper "Mermerus" that sailed in this area in the late 1800's. The cool maritime climate with prevailing winds from Bass Strait to the south product naturally low yielding vines with intense and delicate fruit flavours.
Our aim is to produce wines that elegantly reflect the terrior of this beautiful part of the Geelong wine region.
Planting of the vineyard commenced in 1996, and the winery was built in 2000. Handpicking, gentle handling of fruit in small lots, and traditional labour intensive winemaking methods including wild yeast fermentation are used to help preserve a sense of place and individuality in our wines.
The winery is now open every Sunday from 11am til 4pm for direct sales and tastings, or by appointment.
Features at the Winery
Restaurant / Cafe
Wedding / Functions
Tours by Appointment
BBQ / Picnic